Waking up with puffy & tired eyes can be really frustrating. ESPECIALLY when you have a big day ahead.
Puffy eyes are one of the most commonly complained about beauty problems.
Puffy eyes and dark circles occur when your eyes begin to swell for various reasons...
Including, but not limited to:
- Excessive crying
- Excessive physical stress
- Hormonal changes in the body
- A change in weather
- Sinus problems
- Bad diet
- Lack of sleep
- Allergic reactions
Puffy eyes can make you look tired and ill, but don't worry...
You can easily take care of them with some simple, natural remedies:
The easiest way to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink water. When the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell. Water also helps flush toxins out of the body.
To stay well hydrated, drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. In addition to this, you must reduce the amount of salt you eat to reduce water retention in the body. Also, avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages that can be dehydrating.
This simple home remedy is surprisingly very effective. It will help tighten up the skin around your eyes as well as relax the blood vessels, thus offering relief to puffy and tired eyes.
- Chill 5 or 6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Hold the rounded portion of one of the cold spoons against your eye for a few minutes until the spoon becomes warm.
- As the spoon warms, replace it with another cold one from the refrigerator.
Be it green tea bags or black tea, both can help soothe puffy and irritated eyes. Green and black tea contain anti-irritant properties that help reduce swelling around your eyes. It can also relieve redness and inflammation.
Egg whites have skin-tightening properties that can help banish under-eye bags as well as help prevent wrinkles.
If you have a sleepless night and are left with puffy eyes, cold water is just what you need to treat them. The cold will help constrict the blood vessels and lessen swelling.
- Rinse your face with several splashes of ice-cold water. Do this a few times throughout the day as needed.
- You can also use a small bag filled with ice, wrap it in a washcloth and place it on your eyes. Repeat as necessary until the swelling is gone.
Alpha Hydroxy Acid
The alpha hydroxy acid can help make the skin look smooth and young. It also helps reduce under-eye puffiness and swelling.
The antioxidants and vitamin E present in aloe vera are effective in reducing puffiness around the eyes and also keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
If you're done trying home remedies, these are some natural products we recommend for puffy eyes and dark circles:
- Dark Circle Vitamin C Organic Peptide Eye Cream
- Age Reversing Eye Serum
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Pumpkin E Serum
- Vitamin C & E Face Mask