Vibrant younger looking skin is something that we all want and while some were blessed with amazing genetics most of us have to consciously work to achieve that gorgeous glow. We are often asked what products we would recommend for a variety of skin issues. Clean skincare products can work wonders most of the time but incorporating a healthier lifestyle is needed to achieve optimal results.
Simple things such as drinking more water, daily exercise, getting your much needed beauty sleep or a simple change in your diet will give you a whole body kick start. Incorporating skincare products that are free of chemicals and following a healthy lifestyle will work wonders for your complexion and your confidence.
Today let's focus on a healthy diet, after all what goes in the body becomes the body. We've spent countless hours researching and came up with amazing list of whole foods that can help you keep your fabulous tone or help you achieve the healthy luminescence you’ve always dreamed of having.
- Coconut Oil (A Must Have!) – Coconut oil does amazing things for our body both internally and externally. It keeps our skin soft and glowing, fights bacteria AND offers some protection from the sun.
- Almonds- Almonds have a ton of Vitamin E! Vitamin E helps defend our bodies against sun damage and aging.
- Spinach- Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients which are important for skin, hair and bone health. It provides the body with protein, iron vitamins and minerals.
- Chia Seeds- Chia is rich in Vitamin E and is easily absorbed by the body it also has a lot of Omega 3 Fatty acids which promote smooth hydrated skin and works great to help combat acne & wrinkles.
- Walnuts- Walnuts are jam packed with Omega-3 fatty acids which is especially important for people who are skipping the fish in their diet. They also contain an omega-3 called alpha linolenic acid which helps fight skin disorders such as eczema.
- Carrots- Carrots are high in beta carotene which is an antioxidant that is converted into vitamin A once ingested. Vitamin A helps repair skin tissue and is also known to give your skin natural yellow tones that gives your skin a gorgeous looking glow.
- Dark Chocolate- Dark chocolate is known for its antioxidant properties which improve circulation and help keep your skin hydrated.
- Protein- There are many plant based ways to consume protein which are healthier than lot of red meats. As long as you are getting enough amino acids each day you will help keep your skin elasticity.
- Strawberries- Strawberries are rich in vitamin c which may help lower the risk or skin cancer and help fight inflammation.
- Bell peppers- Bell peppers are rich in vitamin c and other antioxidants. They are known to help prevent Crow’s Feet.
- Sunflower Seeds- Sunflower seeds protect your top layers from the sun and also brighten up your skin naturally. It is rich in Vitamin E and essential-fatty-acid.
- Green Tea- Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help fight the signs of aging & it is also known to help protect the body from skin cancer.
- Papaya- Papaya helps reverse the signs of again by repairing your skin and giving it an extra boost of hydration.
These foods are a great start to help you get that beautiful glow you’ve always wanted. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid prolonged sun exposure, smoking, alcohol, caffeine and refined sugars to give your body and your skin much needed nutrients.